Um Shady is a middle aged woman in her late 50’s living in Jabal Al Misdar. She lost her Egyptian husband a few months ago. She is Jordanian and works as a cleaning lady at Al Basheer hospital. She has 3 kids. She makes 135 JDs/month, Shady her 16 year old, left school to support her who makes 80JDs/month. Their house rent is 50JDs/month.
Her late husband was treated at Al Bashir husband and then passed away there. The cost of the treatment and death was 1,800JDs. Some good people managed to gather 300 JDs for her, but she is still short in 1,500 JDs. The hospital has been asking her to pay or else they will take her to prison.
I have someone in the UAE who will cover 500 JDs.
Below is her case and what is needed:
1. 788 JDs to cover her Husband hospital bill (attached below)
2. Four months due rent and from previous months (Total: 290 JDs)
3. Find Um Shady a better job to improve her income so that her son can go back to school. He finished grade 7
4. Um Shady used to sell clothes, so we can buy her new clothes (cost max: 500JDS) that she can start selling in the neighborhood
5. Family needs (covers & blankets, Kerosine Heater for the cold, small TV cabinet, small centre table, oven, fridge), house is small so no large items
Note: I visited the family and the house has 1 room and small kitchen and bathroom. I sat on the mattress where they sleep, their situation is terrible. I couldn’t take pictures because the son was sitting with us, but I can do that, the next time I’m there.
If you want to help, please contact me at [info] [@] [undermyolivetree.com]
Receipts from the hospital will be provided.
Supporting documents are below [Click on the image to enlarge it]